Let’s talk about the one thing that nobody wants to see in their home! MOLD. Many people have some idea of the issues mold in your home can cause, but do you know all of the places in your home where mold can actually be hiding? In this blog post, we will take a look at some of the most common and often over looked places where mold can grow in your home. Let’s take a look at 5 places you will likely find mold.
- Bathrooms: Mold in a bathroom is a very common place for mold to grow. That is because a bathroom often has perfect conditions. Mold grows when there is moisture and warmth both of which are found in a bathroom. From warm showers and baths to tight corners under sinks and behind showers, under bath mats and in between tiles. Bathrooms are a place to keep a close eye on for potential mold growth.
- Kitchens: Your kitchen much like your bathroom is a great spot for mold to grow. There is an endless supply of water often being used from your sink and dishwasher. With small leaks and spills of water running down your cabinets or behind your dishwasher things can quickly turn into a perfect spot for mold growth. The best remedy for this is to keep your kitchen as clean as possible and if you ever notice any wet spots under your sink or around your dishwasher or any leaks regardless of how big or small to get it corrected immediately to prevent any mold growth.
- Attic: Your attic is an often overlooked place for mold growth. However, with the temperature swings and ventilation issues commonly associated with with attics mold can be a common issue in there.
- Basement: Often in a basement you have dark hidden corners that can be the perfect temperature and humidity for mold growth. Keeping a dehumidifier in your basement will be beneficial to prevent mold growth.
- Walls: This type of mold can be difficult to find especially if it is on the backside of your drywall. Anything from a constant water leak, to excess humidity can be a perfect start for mold growth. If you see dark stains or any wet spots on your walls make sure you have someone come out and check it for mold as soon as possible to prevent any further growth or damage.
If you suspect you have mold in any of these 5 locations or any other place in your home, contact Viking Restoration Services and have us come out and take care of the mold in your home. Our goal is to ensure the safety of you and your family in your home! You can reach us at 507-315-9393.